This Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice is your new favorite comfort food side dish that comes together in less than 30 minutes. This cauliflower fried rice uses hemp hearts, extra sesame seeds, coconut aminos and loads of flavor for a super satisfying, nutrient-packed, side that’s easily beefed up for a full-on takeout fakeout meal that the whole family will love.
You know my love for sheet pan meals runs deep and I also love fried rice. Not that the one skillet meal isn’t easy enough, but getting cauliflower rice to crisp stovetop is impossible, it just takes too long. So here I’ve created an equally easy Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe that is addicting AF.
- Hemp Hearts: shelled hemp seeds, truly a superfood with all essential amino acids, protein, omega-6 and omega-3 fats too! They take this Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice to the next level. I use Manitboa Harvest hemp hearts.
- *Note that in the images, the photographer used hemp seeds not shelled hemp hearts*
- Coconut Aminos: I have been using coconut aminos as a soy-free alternative in my cooking for a long time. Coconut aminos are made from coconut flower nectar! A condiment rich in potassium and other micronutrients, it’s important to source a good coconut amino that isn’t just coconut tree sap watered down. In recent months, I realized Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos was watery and very sweet. So I switched to Thrive Market Coconut Aminos, and wow! It’s thicker, saltier and so so delicious! You can try Thrive Market for FREE for one month here.
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower: this is the easiest option for this recipe — you can find frozen cauliflower rice almost everywhere now. You can also make your own at home just one head of fresh cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until it’s riced.
Step by Step Instructions
- STEP 1: Pre-heat oven to 400°F. On a large sheet pan with a rim, toss together the cauliflower rice, hemp hearts, diced onion, carrots, broccoli, salt, ginger, pepper and sesame seeds.
- STEP 2: Drizzle the fat over everything and toss again to combine then spread the mixture out evenly over the entire sheet pan in one, thin, even layer. Drizzle 2 tablespoons coconut aminos over everything.
- STEP 3: Roast at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until parts of the rice are browned and toasty (yes, practically burnt, but so good). Remove from the oven, and use a thin spatula to scrape up and mix all of the toasty rice together, add in the remaining coconut aminos, the sesame oil, and the scrambled eggs, lifting and folding in all the ingredients! Sprinkle with green onion and dig in!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Omit the hemp hearts: if you’re not a fan or can’t tolerate them, no problem. Just omit the hemp seeds and double the cauliflower rice.
- Add protein: beef up this meal by adding some shredded chicken or left-over ground pork. It’s really the only way to eat it, and this cooking method, along with the seed to cauliflower rice rations ensures a wonderful texture and also lots of satisfying fiber, fats, and protein! This recipe would pair beautifully with these Spiced Beef Bowls.
- Switch up the veggies: this Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice is easy to make, and versatile. You can add more of your favorite diced veggies, and even add more eggs for a satisfying vegetarian meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
The trick is to roast the cauliflower rice at 400°F for 25-30 minutes and not oversaturate it with fat. The oven helps bake out the moisture in the cauliflower, giving it a crispy texture.
Cauliflower rice has only 3 grams of net carbs per cup. One serving of this Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice has 5.3g net carbs.
I had this recipe rephotographed recently and the photographer used hemp seeds versus hemp hearts, both with work.
Looking for more free recipes?
Delicious, flavorful and easy! This Crispy Cauliflower Fried rice is made easy as a sheet pan recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 ½ cup hemp seeds (or you can use fewer hemp seeds and more cauliflower)
- 1 shallot or small onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, small dice
- 4–5 broccoli florets or stems, small diced
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, lard or other fat
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, scrambled (yes, cooked)
- 2 green onion, sliced thin
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- On a large sheet pan with a rim, toss together the cauliflower rice, hemp hearts, diced onion, carrots, broccoli, salt, ginger, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle the fat over everything and toss again to combine then spread the mixture out evenly over the entire sheet pan in one, thin, even layer.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons coconut aminos over everything.
- Roast at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until parts of the rice are browned and toasty (yes, practically burnt, but so good).
- Remove from the oven, and use a thin spatula to scrape up and mix all of the toasty rice together, add in the remaining coconut aminos, the sesame oil, and the scrambled eggs, lifting and folding in all the ingredients!
- Sprinkle with green onion and dig in!
- net carbs per serving: 5.3g
- you can use fresh instead of frozen cauliflower rice. Same cook time.*
*you may omit the hemp seeds and double the cauliflower rice*
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 582
- Fat: 47.3g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 26.4g
Keywords: crispy cauliflower fried rice, keto fried rice, low carb fried rice