Creamy Garlic Chicken, three words that definitely belong together!
This simple, one-pot recipe, is ridiculously comforting and rich tasting. All the flavors and textures of your favorite Italian Bistro brought to your dinner table in a recipe so easy, even the novice cook can execute it.
I thought to keep this Creamy Garlic Chicken recipe stowed away for my next book. ETA on that is sometime in 2020. The working title is Made Whole Made Simple. A sequel to my first book baby, but focused on one pot, sheet pan, pressure cooker, and slow cooker meals. Healing through food has never been easier. This recipe definitely fit the bill, except my first book was totally nut free.
What do you think? Should book 2 also be nut free?
I’m working on making it more egg free… but perhaps adding in the occasional use of nuts may be a nice variation, giving it more coconut and cauliflower free recipes.
Comment below! Your input means a lot to me! Thank you!
Okay back to this Creamy Garlic Chicken!
The CREAM is made with 2 ingredients, water + cashews. You can learn how to make it in this post.
Essentially, it’s a 2 (water) to 1 (cashew) ratio. First, you soaked with a little salt. Rinsed and blended smoothly with fresh water. Cashew milk makes the best cream because it THICKENS all on its own when it is heated. Magic.
If you’re Nut Free, my dairy-free cream post, here, has a cauliflower option or you can look at my Dairy Free Swedish Meatball recipe to see how I use cauliflower cream to thicken a sauce.
Creamy GARLIC Chicken
Big emphasis on the GARLIC because 5 cloves of fried garlic are what make this recipe oh-so-special. If you’re no the garlic lover I am, you can take it down to 3 cloves, one per serving.
The Best Thing About Creamy Garlic Chicken…
You can add rich additions like tons of garlic and cashew cream but it still comes out to less than 10grams of carbs per serving because the main ingredients are chicken breast and zucchini. #winning
Looking for more free recipes?
Easy, delicious and dairy free creamy garlic chicken!
- 3 medium chicken breasts (approx 1.3lbs)
- 1 ¾ teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup bone broth
- 1 ½ cup cashew cream (see post for nut free)
- 9 ounces spiralized zucchini, 2 medium squash
- Put your chicken breasts on a plate and pat them dry. Then season with 1 ½ teaspoon salt, cumin, pepper, mustard powder, and nutmeg.
- Pour the 1 tablespoon olive oil in your skillet. Add the chicken and sear without moving for 4 minutes. Flip over, cover the skillet and cook another 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set on a cutting board.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Add in the garlic and thyme. Sauté until the garlic is toasted and very aromatic. Add in the lemon juice and bone broth, bring to quick simmer. Gently stir to deglaze the skillet.
- Add in the cashew cream and remaining salt, gently stir as it begins to thicken, 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat. Slice the chicken breasts, and serve one breast with 3 ounces of zoodles on each plate. Cover with ½ a cup of creamy garlic sauce. Enjoy!
- You can also add the zoodles and sliced chicken back into the skillet and mix it all together before serving, but folks might fight over who got more sauce 😉
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 19.1g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 41.1g
Keywords: creamy garlic chicken