I’m super excited that Vanessa Spina (@ketogenicgirl) let me share this recipe from her new book Keto Essentials! This dairy free, egg free, and yes GRAIN FREE PORRIDGE was absolutely delish. I made super easy adjustments and made it nut free too!
I love that this is an “overnight oats” type of recipe. Warm to eat in the morning and you’re ready to go. The “oats” are primarily made of hemp seeds which pack fiber, protein and lots of omega 3! Whoot Whoot!
The Book: Keto Essentials
I’m really loving how this book is organized. The front matter is clear. To the point and easy to understand. Vanessa really communicates a whole food approach to keto, with all the details you need to succeed and she does this in an uncomplicated way. I love her non-dogmatic guidance and that she answers so many FAQ’s in her Hot Topic chapter.
The recipes look delicious and many of them are dairy free. They are also all clearly marked “dairy free”, “egg free” or “nut free”. There is an allergen index, three meals plans and comprehensive resources on the ingredients and nutritional information.
This came together so easily! I skipped the almond milk and used coconut milk and water. I also skipped the walnuts and added in a scoop of Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel. It was the perfect mid day meal to break my fast and recover from a grueling workout. I will definitely be making this again!
I recently became a Manitoba Harvest Brand Ambassador and I got a huge box of their awesome raw, shelled hemp hearts! Choosing this recipe was a no brainer!
GET THE BOOK:
Looking for more free recipes?
This recipe shared with Permission From Vanessa Spina and Victory Belt Publishing.
- 2 ounces hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon whole or ground raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used water)
- 1 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 4 drops liquid stevia (I just used 10 drops stevia)
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- 6 walnut halves, chopped (I did’t use)
- Combine the hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, and almond milk. Pour the seed mixture and stir to combine. Set in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, heat the porridge in a saucepan over low to medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until warmed through. Alternatively, heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix in the remaining cinnamon, powdered stevia, and liquid stevia, adjusting the sweetness to your taste. Add more milk if a thinner consistency if desired.
- Top with shredded coconut and walnuts and serve.
- THIS RECIPE IS SHARED WITH EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR: VANESSA SPINA. COPYING AND SHARING THE FULL RECIPE FROM THIS POST IS NOT ALLOWED.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 570
- Fat: 47g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: Keto Oatmeal