Grill The Unexpected! Move aside burgers. There’s a new grill staple in town! Living in Hawai’i it’s pretty much grilling season year-round, so we like to keep things interesting. Turkey! So many different cuts; tenderloin, wings, breasts, ground, drumsticks! So. Many. Options. I actually had a hard time choosing which cut to highlight for this post for the National Turkey Federation. Turkey tenderloin medallions marinated in coconut aminos, ghee, and rosemary, but then my grocer had these sexy-looking thighs!
If you haven’t checked out the National Turkey Federation’s page ServeTurkey.org I highly recommend it. It’s has great nutritional facts, recipes, tips and explains the difference between conventional, organic and free range turkey. The more you know, being an informed consumer is the first step in taking control of your health. For more recipes, videos and tips head to Serve Turkey Facebook Page!
The Other White Meat
Turkey is a great, lean protein, high in zinc, iron, and potassium; that takes on the flavors of seasonings and marinades. A blank canvas on which to have fun with flavor combinations! Like this mango, basil, ginger number I whipped up tonight. Sweet and tangy notes really compliment the smoky grill flavor. Crispy, charred skin over juicy dark meat. These thighs were a huge hit with my family, and two thighs, which weighed about 3lbs, were enough protein to feed my family of three and we had leftovers!
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Grilled Thai Turkey Thighs (paleo, Whole30, low carb)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 thighs 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
Grilled Turkey Thighs in Tangy Marinade
- 2 turkey thighs (they were about 3lbs)
- 1 mango
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- 3 sprigs basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lime
- Mince your garlic, chop your basil, cilantro and mango.
- Mix in a bowl with your chicken thighs.
- Add in the seasonings. Mix well.
- Drizzle in olive oil. Cover and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to grill. Heat the grill on high heat.
- When it comes to temperature, place the thighs on the grill skin side down.
- Lower heat to medium heat. After 10 minutes, flip the thighs.
- Close the lid and cook for 20-30 minutes. Check the temperature every few minutes. If it gets higher than 400F, crack the lid open fora bit.
- Ready when internal temp reads 170F.
- Remove from grill, squeeze fresh lime over them! Boom.
- Great with pickled veggies, greens, and cauliflower rice.
- Serving Size: 1/2 thigh
- Calories: 537
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 57g
Keywords: grilled turkey thighs
Leave a Comment