My husband’s favorite food is deviled eggs, true story. Yet, I rarely make them, not sure why that is. I decided to remedy that. I wanted nightshade free, interesting version of deviled eggs to call my own, so I made fried garlic and bacon deviled eggs!
Table of Contents
Yes! Adding bacon to deviled eggs is a no-brainer. I also LOVE garlic, but raw garlic would be too harsh. While I had a skillet full of hot bacon grease, it occurred to me that I could FRY IT! Then toasted, golden, crispy minced garlic morsels could grace these eggs too. The deviled egg filling has the classic smoothness from mayo and mustard but it’s littered with a tiny crispy bit that makes these extra delicious
How To Boil Eggs like a Pro
I like to bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. I add a bit of vinegar to the water. I gently add the 10 large eggs to the water with a wooden spoon and cook for 10 minutes at a rapid boil. Then I remove from the heat, drain the water from the pot and quickly fill it with cold water and ice. Let the eggs sit in ice water for 2 minutes before peeling.
How to Make Fried Garlic + Bacon Deviled Eggs
You need to start by frying up your bacon until crispy. Then in the leftover bacon grease, fry minced garlic. Let it all cool down while you boil the eggs. Then you slice your eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks. Once you’ve got all the yolks in a bowl, add in the mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, minced up bacon and garlic. Mix and mash it all up and then scoop it into the whites.
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Fried Garlic and Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 eggs 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Varied
- Cuisine: American
Bacon and crispy garlic deviled eggs! Delicious, keto and Whole30 compliant!
- 10 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo or One Minute Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt, optional
- See post for how to boil the eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put the bacon in the skillet and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until very crispy. Remove the bacon and add in the minced garlic. Fry in the fat until golden brown and aromatic. Use a spoon to remove from the fat and put on a paper-lined plate to drain.
- Halve all your eggs and gently remove the yolks. Add them all to a bowl and mix with the mayo, mustard, pepper, garlic. Mince up the bacon and add it to the bowl too. Mix well! Taste, add salt as needed.
- Use a small scoop or teaspoon to fill the egg whites with the fried garlic and bacon yolk mix. I used a small 1-ounce scoop to make then look all purdy! Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 eggs
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: Bacon Garlic Deviled Eggs
Leave a Comment