I’ve been toying around with a few variations of beef and broccoli for my next book. It’s a powerful combination in the nutrition department. However if you chose to get beef and broccoli take out, you’re going to get a heavy dose of canola oil, gluten from the soy sauce and excess carbs in the form of sauce thickeners!
So while you will have to wait until my next book for my sheet pan and one skillet keto beef and broccoli renditions, this Asian inspired soup is made easy in the Instant Pot!
Benefits of Pressure Cooking
The benefit of pressure cooking this recipe is that you can use a much cheaper cut of meat (beef tips vs sirloin strips) and still have a tender consistency. Bonus, the broccoli base of this beef and broccoli quickly transforms into a creamy soup, the perfect home for tender chunks of seasoned beef.
Lastly, pressure cooking is a great way to make foods easier to digest. It removes anti-nutrients from plant matter and makes everything easier to break down (even ligaments in meat).
Well, making a legit stir fry in the pressure cooker seems redundant, stir fry’s are so easy already. When you pressure cook broccoli you have to watch it like a hawk and I prefer set it and forget it meals.
Making it a soup adds nutrient density in the form of bone broth, added fats in the form of cashew butter (high in monounsaturated fats or coconut cream if you’re AIP).
Let’s get cooking!
Looking for more free recipes?
Your favorite take out fake out made into a healthy soup!
- 1 pound steak tips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (homemade corn free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil for AIP
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets (1–2 crowns cut)
- 1 1/2 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter or coconut cream for AIP
- Heat pressure cooker on sauté mode. While it heats toss the beef with the baking powder, let it sit for 2 minutes then add in the coconut aminos and fish sauce and toss to combine.
- When the pot comes to temperature add in the ghee. The place the chunks of beef in the ghee, reserving the marinade. Sear for 3 minutes each side. Add in the marinade. Add in the garlic, ginger, salt and broccoli and stir well.
- Add in the bone broth and stir well to deglaze the pot. Cancel the saute function. Seal the lid and set to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes, when it’s done cooking release the pressure manually.
- Open the lid and use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the beef chunks from the soup, set aside. Add in the cashew cream and use an immersion blender to blend the broccoli mix until smooth.
- Add the beef chunks back in and stir. Serve hot!cTop with a fried egg, sesame oil or sesame seeds, green onions or enjoy as is!
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 345.9
- Fat: 17.7g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 40.6g
Keywords: Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli