Chewy Keto Cookies (Nut Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free)
These allergen friendly keto chocolate chip cookies are the bees knees! How could they not be, modeled after my FAMOUS CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! That’s right, I took my most popular, no fail, cookie recipes and modified to be nut and egg free… dairy free too (that’s right, no butter).
I ground up raw pumpkin seeds, yessss PEPITAS! Mixed with a little coconut flour to act as an anti-caking agent. That’s what I used as a flour for these delicious low carb chocolate chip cookies! This pumpkin seed flour not only gives the cookies amazing flavor but their cool green color. Perfect for the holidays!
Pumpkin seeds are packed with magnesium, zinc, omega 3 fatty acids and rich in natural phytoestrogens. They’re great to take during your follicular phase of your cycle, when you have your period. Along with flaxseeds… which this recipe also has. Say what? A delicious, healthy cookie that you SHOULD eat when you have your period? SIGN. ME. UP.
To learn more about seed cycling click HERE.
If seeds don’t sit well with you, consider soaking them with a pinch of salt before ingesting them. Soaking seeds for a few hours naturally lowers their phytic acid which can cause digestive distress.
After soaking gently roast in the oven at low temperatures to dry out.
Raw pumpkin seeds, flax meal, baking soda and salt, as well as a scoop of pastured gelatin for chewiness! Then we need some chocolate and sweetener! Go quality with chocolate, it always pay off. As for the sweetener, well that’s a personal choice. I like erythritol, Truvia and Swerve for low carb/keto cookies. If you’re of the paleo persuasion you can use maple sugar or coconut palm sugar.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon water + 1 tablespoon flax meal)
- 3 tablespoons softened coconut oil or lard
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetner
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons pastured gelatin
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped up dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, high powered blender of coffee grinder: process the pumpkin seeds with the coconut flour until a fine crumb. Measure out two cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl let your flax egg sit for a few minutes.
- Add in the coconut oil, extract, and sweetener. Mix.
- Add the salt, baking soda, ground pumpkin seed flour mix and the gelatin.
- Mix until a dry dough forms. Then add in the coconut milk and mix until the dough takes shape.
- Fold in the chopped up chocolate.
- Shape about 10-12 1 inch balls, set them 2 inches apart. Gently flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10-20 minutes before handling. Use a spatula to remove from the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
- MACROS PER COOKIE (USING SWERVE): CALORIES 175, FAT 15G, CARBS 13G, SUGAR ALCOHOLS: 5.3 FIBER 4G, PROTEIN 5G