Coconut Caramel Slice (Paleo, Keto, Nut Free)
This 4 ingredient, candy like, totally keto and paleo friendly treat is as decadent as it gets. Coconut Caramel Slice!
Toasty caramel that glues coconut together, topped with a thin layer of super dark chocolate … Who isn’t salivating?!?!
Yes, you need this nut, egg and sugar-free treat in your life! My husband and toddler love this one! Justin even called it my best treat yet! Tis the season after all, with this in your corner you won’t even be tempted by those other sugary options. Seriously folks, get to making this bad boy. Coconut Caramel Slice is your new best friend.
Four Simple Ingredients
Grass Fed Butter (or Ghee for lactose casein free).
Granulated Sweetener. Whichever you like, erythritol, Truvia, Maple Sugar etc…but has to be GRANULAR for the caramel. Coconut palm sugar will take longer to dissolve, you might need to add in a little coconut milk to help it along.
Unsweetened, shredded coconut. I use this one.
Dark chocolate. I like this one and or you can make your own, link at at the bottom of the page.
Coconut oil. Which honestly, is optional, I just stretches the chocolate out a bit.
Recipe Video, You’re Welcome…
Right Click to pin…
- 3 tablespoons salted grass fed butter (or ghee)
- 3-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 bar, 3-4 ounces, dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the sweetener once tablespoon at a time and stir.
- Heat until the sweeter has dissolved or browned, whichever happens first. Some sweeteners will bubble up, that's okay too.
- It should be almost like syrup, slightly golden in color, smells of candy and becomes smooth again. Depending on the sweetener you use the time here will vary, can take up to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the shredded coconut and quickly stir to combine it. Take it off the heat and quickly transfer in to 8x4 inch loaf pan. Flatten it to the bottom as evenly as possible. Do this fast, as the caramel cools it will become stiff.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil if using it. Microwave in 20 second intervals, 1-2 is enough, on medium power until mostly melted. Cover for 30 seconds then stir until all the chunks are melted.
- Use a spatula to scrape it all out of the bowl and over the coconut. Spread it out evenly.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until the chocolate is completely hard.
- Use a knife or a spatula to un mold it, run it around the edges then lift it from one end, it should pop right out.
- Chocolate side up, slice it into 10 even slices.
- Enjoy! Store them in Tupperware in the fridge up to a week.
- Cal 152, Carbs 7.7, Fiber 3.1, Sugar Alcohol 3.6, Protein 1.2
- Cal 165, Carbs 10, Fiber 8.7, Sugar Alcohol 3.6, Protein 1.3