As you know, the Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook came out this week. We’re all super stoked about it.
Funny thing about me, actually, I think it’s a restaurant chef thing, we don’t cook from recipes often. Really, it’s a thing. While I should probably be cooking from this book all week to show off the awesome recipes… I’m more of an inspiration girl. So I made these AIP Instant Pot Meatballs!
Reading through this monster sized ebook my mind goes into overdrive with ideas. There were some cooking methods and ideas for meals that honestly, I probably would have never thought to use my pressure cooker for. Meatballs were one of them. The Swedish Meatballs from the book look bombdotcom. I didn’t have all the ingredients… but I had inspiration, and so was born, this dish!
Smoked paprika was a pre-AIP favorite of mine …
I get super jealous when I see smoked paprika carrot soup and rubbed pork on my feed. But alas, I had to say goodbye to nightshades for good. You know what though? These AIP Instant Pot meatballs came out delicious.
Smoked parsley sounds pretty darn good though!
Looking for more free recipes?
- 2lbs grass fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, I use Vital Proteins
- 1/3 cup minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend
- 1 tbsp lard or coconut oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves. minced
- 2 cups chopped greens (ung choy, collard greens, kale)
- 2/3 cup bone broth
- 1/2 lemon
- Open your pressure cooker and heat on Saute function.
- Add in the fat, the onions, and the garlic. Saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, mix the ground beef with salt, gelatin, garlic powder, liquid smoke, Italian herbs, and the parsley.
- Shape 2 inch meatballs.
- Move the onions to one side of the pressure cooker and add in the meatballs. Brown on all sides, use tongs to carefully turn them.
- Add in the greens, the bone broth and the lemon.
- Cancel the saute function, close the lid and set to pressure cook.
- Set on high for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually. Open the lid and remove the meatballs.
- The flavorful, soupy broth and greens will be left behind, you have two options, spoon it out and serve it with your meatballs as it, OR reduce it to a thicker sauce before serving. Up to you, both are great! These meatballs are bursting with flavor!
Keywords: aip instant pot meatballs