Easy and flavorfil AIP instant pot meatballs
- 2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 tablespoon grass fed gelatin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Herbs
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2–3 cups baby spinach or kale
- 1 cup bone broth
- juice of one lemon
- Open your pressure cooker and heat on Saute function.
- Add in the fat, the onions, and the garlic. Saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, mix the ground beef with salt, gelatin, garlic powder, liquid smoke, Italian herbs, and the parsley.
- Shape 2 inch meatballs.
- Move the onions to one side of the pressure cooker and add in the meatballs. Brown on all sides, use tongs to carefully turn them.
- Add in the greens, the bone broth and the lemon.
- Cancel the saute function, close the lid and set to pressure cook.
- Set on high for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually. Open the lid and remove the meatballs.
- The flavorful, soupy broth and greens will be left behind, you have two options, spoon it out and serve it with your meatballs as it, OR reduce it to a thicker sauce before serving. Up to you, both are great! These meatballs are bursting with flavor!
- Serving Size: 2 meatballs
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 35g
Keywords: aip instant pot meatballs