My mom used to make the best banana bread. It was my favorite treat. Mashed overripe bananas baked into a nutty bread. MmmMmmMMmm. While I don’t make too much banana bread these days, my son, who is now 4, loves pancakes. I make a stack at least twice a week!
Jack’s love of Flapjacks
Has really pushed me to create versatile and varying pancake recipes. Mostly to change it up so my little man isn’t getting the same gluten-free flour and egg combination every morning. I use almond meal or coconut flour. Gluten-free flour blends. Coconut milk, nut milk or just water. Sometimes I add collagen, sometimes I add in cinnamon.
These came about when I had a few ripe bananas, but didn’t want to make the ol’ banana and nut butter pancakes. They turned out so great and are a reader favorite. They’re tall and fluffy and taste like mamas banana bread!
Looking for more free recipes?
Banana Bread Paleo Pancakes!
- 1 large banana
- 3 large eggs
- 2 heaping tbsp. full fat coconut milk (or coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 tbsp. honey (for to drizzle)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. coconut flour (6 tbsp)
- In a blender combine eggs, banana, coconut milk, baking soda and cinnamon and blend on high until smooth.
- Lower speed and spoon in the coconut flour until batter is thick.
- Stop the blender, use a spatula to transfer mixing to a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly grease the skillet. Use a 1/3 cup scoop to make the pancakes. Mix will make 4 pancakes.
- Cook until the bottom and edges are browned, then carefully flip over. When the bottom and edges are browned again, lower the heat and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- These pancakes are tall and thick and need to cook through, without burning the outside.
- Yum! Serve with honey drizzle (and berries).
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Keywords: Paleo Banana Pancakes