My mom used to make the best banana bread. It was my favorite treat. Mashed overripe bananas baked into a nutty bread. MmmMmmMMmm. While I don’t make too much banana bread these days, my son, who is now 4, loves pancakes. I make a stack at least twice a week!
Jack’s love of Flapjacks
Has really pushed me to create versitle and varying pancake recipes. Mostly to change it up so my little man isn’t gettin the same gluten free flour and egg combination every morning. I use almond meal or coconut flour. Gluten free flour blends. Coconut milk, nut milks or just water. Sometimes I add collagen, sometimes I add in cinnamon.
These came about when I had a few ripe bananas, but didn’t want to make the ol’ banana and nut butter pancakes. They turned out so great and are a reader favorite. They’re tall and fluffy and taste like mamas banana bread!
Banana Bread Pancakes (Super Fluffy, Nut Free, Paleo Pancakes)
- 1 large banana
- 3 large eggs
- 2 heaping tbsp. full fat coconut milk (or coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 tbsp. honey (for to drizzle)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. coconut flour (6 tbsp)
- In a blender combine eggs, banana, coconut milk, baking soda and cinnamon and blend on high until smooth.
- Lower speed and spoon in the coconut flour until batter is thick.
- Stop the blender, use a spatula to transfer mixing to a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly grease the skillet. Use a 1/3 cup scoop to make the pancakes. Mix will make 4 pancakes.
- Cook until the bottom and edges are browned, then carefully flip over. When the bottom and edges are browned again, lower the heat and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- These pancakes are tall and thick and need to cook through, without burning the outside.
- Yum! Serve with honey drizzle (and berries).