Caramelized Baked Sweet Potatoes
These are gorgeous, I mean, just look at them! And I can’t really take any credit, they just do this, on their own, given a little fat & heat. Although there’s not really a recipe…. this is my “how to” and I’m sharing it because there’s been a lot of interest on my Instagram account about these beauties. So here it is.
- 3 large garnet sweet potatoes, opt for ones that are longer instead of thicker
- 1/4 cup ghee, I used Tin Star cultured brown butter (it’s casein & lactose free)
- or you can use 1/4 cup coconut oil for AIP
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Slice your sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Rub them down with ghee over the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place cut side down on the sheet pan & place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- When you can easily pierce with a fork through the skin, they’re done.
- Use a spatula to scrape them off the sheet pan, most of them won’t stick, but you don’t want to risk peeling off some yummy caramelized parts.
- These reheat well, add them to your batch cook!
- Serve with grilled meats, burgers, eggs, or topped with ground beef & veggies. They also compliment salads well 🙂