I’ve made several versions of AIP plantain flatbread, usually a play off of my Plantain Tortilla Recipe but this one is a little different. This AIP plantain flatbread is a little crispier, a little sweeter & very rustic. Cooking on the cast iron gives it that yummy toasty flavor but it doesn’t stick to it!
I love making this AIP plantain flatbread and cutting it into wedges to keep in the fridge, perfect to add to soup, salad or make a snack. Super bonus, it’s REALLY EASY! I hope you enjoy this versatile AIP plantain flatbread the way I did during my AIP journey! Learn how I used real food to heal inside and out!
Y’all AIP bread recipes are like unicorns. True Story. But for those of the paleo persuasion that need an egg-free bread food. This is for you! Great for avocado toast or with Blood Orange Shredded Chicken!
What is AIP? Learn HERE.
Looking for more free recipes?
Allergen friendly, whole ingredient bread!
- 2 plantains, mostly yellow or a little green
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp baking soda or homemade baking powder
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Peel your plantains, slice and add to blender.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend in Vitamix or high powered blender until smooth.
- Spread mix on lightly greased Lodge cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 400F for 15 (or until desired crispness).