Creamy Key Lime Chicken
This is a super healthy, easy to whip up meal! It’s savory & tangy, beautifully saucy.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup coconut fat
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 small vidalia onion
- 4 key limes
- salt + pepper
- 1 tsp toasted coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- coconut oil
- First season your chicken with spices & set aside.
- Slice onion and saute in a large skillet (that has a tight fitting lid) with coconut oil on medium heat. When onions are tender (about 5-8 minutes), turn up the heat and add chicken to skillet, spread out, not on over lapping.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- In the meantime, juice the key limes.
- Add key lime juice, stock & coconut fat to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer, lower heat, and cover with lid.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- I served mine with mashed yuca & summer squash zoodles. The sauce is so yummy, you just want to drink it up 🙂