These Creamy Cauliflower Noodles with a Citrus Basil Sauce are truly decadent tasting, yet light on your digestive system. The perfect keto pasta dish. It’s dairy-free, nutrient dense and full of flavor.
Simply roast cauliflower florets with avocado oil and sauce. Whiz up the creamy basil sauce. Rinse and drain your noodles. Toss and bake it all together. It’s really that easy to make. Not to mention, even better as leftovers.
This vegan keto pasta dish is a blank slate! Add eggs to it, mix in shredded chicken or ground sausage. You can even add real cheese if you eat it. A perfect base to let your imagination go wild.
Whole30: Instead of shirataki noodles use a veggie noodle that won’t get soggy. I recommend shredded cabbage, kohlrabi noodles or carrot noodles!
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Creamy Cauliflower Noodles with Citrus Basil Sauce
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
A creamy and decadent bowl of “pasta” without the carbs or the dairy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
For the Sauce:
- 1 bunch fresh basil, about 3 cups (purple, Thai or regular)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pre-soaked, and drained cashews
- 1 cup avocado oil (this one)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (this one)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 packs Miracle Noodle (this one) or your choice veggie noddles
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with oil, salt, and garlic. Spread out in a large casserole dish. Roast for 35 minutes or until golden.
- While it roasts blend all of the sauce ingredients in the blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Open your shirataki noodle packets, drain them, and place the noodles in a large bowl. Cover with fresh water and soak for 5 minutes then rinse and drain.
- Once the cauliflower is golden, open the oven, remove the casserole dish, add in the noodles and all of the sauce. Use tongs to mix everything together well then spread out evenly in the casserole dish.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve!
See post for Whole30 Modifications!
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: cauliflower keto pasta
Leave a Comment