Chia seed pudding is such an easy peasy, treat like food! It’s definitely under the real food category though. Chia seeds are definitely a super food and this recipe adds in hemp hearts for added protein, and then cold brew and coconut butter for a fat, protein and fiber packed no-cook meal that will keep you satisfied for hours.
This meal in a jar is dairy free keto and delicious. If you omit the collagen, it’s even vegan! Whoa. I know. Who am I?
What’s so Super about these Super Foods?
Chia seeds are a great source of calcium and potassium and are pretty much all fiber with some protein and fats.
Hemp hearts are a great source of omega fats and the only plant-based source of protein with all amino acids and are over 25% protein! Also low in carbs, that are entirely fiber too these are the perfect addition to your low carb chia seed pudding.
I also use coconut butter and coconut milk to add natural sweetness and more healthy fats, you want a good ratio of fats to protein to fiber, this will keep you in ketosis and keep you full!
The cold brew, I like using THIS ONE, gives a nice energy boost, I love having this in the morning after my workout, but you can also use chai tea, matcha or just plain water if you don’t do caffeine.
The Ceylon cinnamon is great for blood sugar control and adds delicious flavor. Unrefined salt for trace minerals. Vanilla extract for flavor. Stevia leaf extract is optional for additional sweetness.
Dairy Free Keto Cold Brew Protein Chia Seed Pudding! Enjoy!
Looking for more free recipes?
A dairy free, keto, chia seed pudding packed with protein and healthy fats! Dairy Free! All brands used linked above in post text!
- 2/3 (scant) cup chia seeds (or 9 tablespoons)
- 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups cold brew
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 30 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the chia seeds and hemp hearts.
- Add in the coconut milk, cold brew, vanilla, stevia, salt, collagen and cinnamon, whisk continuously for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a small skillet melt the coconut butter over medium heat until it smells toasty and a few parts are lightly browned.
- Begin whisking the chia seed pudding again and add in the toasted coconut butter as you whisk. Whisk for one minute, then quickly distribute the pudding between 3 jars.
- Close with lids and let them set in the fridge at least 4 hours before enjoying!
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 20g
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: dairy free protein chia seed pudding