These Crispy Chicken Strips are the perfect summer meal! They’re crispy, they’re crunchy, easy to make a perfect crowd pleaser. I love using hemp seeds because they have so many nutritional benefits!
Hemp Seeds are high fiber, protein and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids! They are actually one of the few plant-based sources of all essential fatty acids. I really like cooking with them and NO… eating hemp won’t get you high, and you won’t test positive for THC on a drug test. Hemp hearts do not contain THC and it’s not the same thing as marijuana.
That being said, these crispy hemp seed chicken strips are a great fried chicken option. Nut and dairy free and beautifully golden, this recipe kid approved!
Looking for more free recipes?
Golden, crispy, keto hemp seed chicken strips! Nut and dairy free recipe!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Seeds
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Lay your chicken breasts flat on a cutting board. Place on hand firmly over the breast and use a sharp knife to cut into the chicken horizontally, making two thin cutlets. Repeat with the second breast.
- Mix the coconut flour and seasonings on a plate.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium, shallow bowl.
- Pour your Manitoba Harvest seeds on to a second plate.
- Add oil to the skillet so it is ½ inch in depth.
- Piece by piece, dust the cutlets in the coconut flour mix, dredge in the egg then cover in Manitoba Harvest seeds. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add to the hot oil, without crowding the skillet. Fry the breaded cutlets for 5 minutes a side.
Remove and set on a paper lines plate.
- Serve in butter lettuce leaves with your favorite aioli and avocado! Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 strips
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: crispy chicken strips