Crispy Tarragon Chicken Thighs & Perfect Lemon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
This is one of those quick & easy dinners that tastes amazing. I made these chicken thighs in a rush before heading to the gym, when we had dinner at 7pm, I was doing a little celebratory dance at how delicious they were. I just knew I had to share it with all of you. So, I made them again the next day, wrote down the recipe & photographed it all. You’re welcome ?
Cooking wine is a no-no on Whole30, so if you’re on a Whole30, use White Wine Vingar, which is compliant. For my AIPers…. good news, the alcohol burns off during cooking so cooking with wine is OK even during the elimination phase (The Paleo Mom says so).
My neighbor, Bettina, she makes the best roasted veggies, being Vegan and all, she’s definitely the authority of vegetables. Her no fail methods is shake in a gallon sized ziploc with garlic, oil & salt. It always works. I step by stepped my whole ziploc veggie process. Maybe we’ll uncover the magic of the shake & bake veggies.
The thighs aren’t breaded really, but the coconut oil & almond meal bake little tarragon clusters that crisp over the thighs. The sprouts are soft with crispy outer leaves. If you’re planning on leftovers, make extra. Everyone had second helpings in this house!
- Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3 tbsp Mirin or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp blanched almond meal (use tapioca or coconut flour for AIP)
- Lemony Brussel Sprouts
- 2lbs large brussel sprouts
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 gallon sized ziploc bag
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil, Himalayan salt, tarragon & mirin in a bowl.
- Add in chicken thighs and mix well, coating the chicken evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Prep Brussel sprouts while chicken marinates.
- When done prepping sprouts, get back to the chicken
- Now add in almond meal, toss.
- Arrange thighs on baking sheet & sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Wash & dry sprouts. Halve all of them & add to bag.
- Juice lemon, add juice to bag. Mince garlic & add to bag.
- Add the salt. Close bag & shake shake shake.
- Spread Brussels out on sheet pan.
- Place chicken sheet pan & brussel sprouts sheet pan in the oven.
- Chicken on the middle rack, sprouts directly below it.
- Roast at 400F for 35 minutes.
- Hit with the broiler for 2 minutes before removing from oven.
- Serving Size: 3