My friend and colleague Dr. Karen S. Lee wrote her second book, Keto Cooking With Your Instant Pot, and it just launched. I had the pleasure of reviewing this book and these keto smothered pork chops definitely stood out to me! All the images are stunning, Donna Crous nailed it!
Karen is the also the author of Paleo Cooking with Your Air Fryer. An accomplished holistic practitioner and a former doctor of chiropractic medicine she has a great understanding of healing foods.
While this book isn’t paleo, there are simple swaps to these ingredients. For example, in these Keto Smothered Pork Chops, I would use a mix of fish sauce and coconut aminos in place of the Worcestershire and coconut cream in place of the heavy cream.
The recipes are rich and gourmet while being easy to execute. As a seasoned chef, I can read through this book and I know the flavors here are spot on.
The recipes in this book really look amazing and they’re all made in the Instant Pot.
Find her book on Amazon, Target or Barnes and Noble and get the keto Smothered Pork Chop recipe right here!
Looking for more free recipes?
A delicious recipe from Keto Cooking with Your Instant Pot by Dr. Karen S. Lee! From the author:
“Who loves making pork chops? Better yet, who loves cleaning after making pork chops? Not me. But this saucy pork chops made right in the Instant Pot will make you wonder why you ever made pork chops the old-fashioned way all these years! You won’t mind making these tender, fall off the bone chops again and again since there’s no mess to clean up afterward!”
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 ( 6 oz or 170 g each) boneless pork loin chops
- 2 strips of uncured bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 g) butter and more as needed
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 12 oz (340 g) white mushrooms, sliced ¼” (6 mm) thick
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine
- ½ cup (120 ml) full fat heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce (see blog post for substitution)
- 1 tbsp (8 g) tapioca flour, more if needed
- ¼ cup (15 g) fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, reserve 1 tbsp (4 g) for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the garlic power mixture and set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot by pressing “Sauté” and set to “More.” Insert the inner pot and wait until the panel says “Hot.” Add bacon and sauté for 3 minutes and add the pork chops, two at a time, and brown both sides or 2 minutes per side. Add butter at this point if needed. Transfer the pork shops to a plate and set aside. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until onion is soft. Add white wine and stir and scrape the bottom for one minute. Place the pork chops on top of the onions and mushrooms.
- Close the lid tightly and move the steam release handle to “Sealing.” Press “Cancel, then,” “Pressure Cooker/Manual” button and set the timer for 20 minutes on HIGH pressure. When the timer ends, you will hear a beeping sound. Allow the Instant Pot to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. Press “Cancel” and open the lid. Take out the pork chops on plates to be served and let rest. Meanwhile, add the rest of the ingredients in the inner pot except parsley and stir for 2 minutes or until it thickens. Add more tapioca flour if needed, depending on how much liquid was produced from the meat and vegetables from cooking. Top the pork chops with the mushroom gravy and garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 23
Keywords: keto smothered pork chops