Homemade Keto Chocolate (Step by Step Tutorial)
We all know chocolate is the best stuff on earth. Raw cacao how powerful antioxidant properties. The butter is a great source of satiating, anti-inflammatory fats. So why did chocolate get a bad reputation? Well, most commercially produced chocolate is filled with fillers and loads of sugar. So kick the store bought stuff and make your own HOMEMADE HIGH QUALITY CHOCOLATE BAR!
You only need 2 ingredient to make homemade chocolate: cacao butter, cacao powder. Yet today I’m going to show you how I make it. I like to cut my cacao butter with coconut oil. For one, it’s more cost effective, and it also gives the chocoalte bar the added benefits of coconut oil (MCT’s!).
I used monk fruit sweetener, added pepitas and a little salt to one bar. The second bar I left plain, unsweetened! Really the possibulites are endless. I will give you a template that you can use to make any kind of home made keto chocolate you want.
YOU MUST USE RAW CACAO BUTTER AND CACAO POWDER FOR THE AWESOME HEALTH BENEFITS.
Here are some quality and resonably priced options:
Combine the cacao butter, cacao powder and the coconut oil (if you’re using it, you may just double the cacao butter) in the bowl and whisk until completely smooth.
BOOM! You are a chocolate master!
- 1/2 cup grated cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (optional, you may use 1 cup cacao butter)
- 1/2 packed cup cacao powder
- Sweetener (I used 1/4 tsp monk fruit, see notes for more options)
- Flake Salt
- Coffee Grinds
- Cacao Nibs
- Shredded Coconut
- Vanilla Bean Scrapping
- Heat a glass bowl over a small sauce pot. Add in the cacao butter (and coconut oil), melt until it looks like ghee. Liquid, golden and translucent.
- Add in the cacao powder and mix until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and keep whisking until the chocoalte mix begins to cool and looks very glassy.
- Add in the sweetener of choice and keep stirring. If you are adding in the vanilla add it in now.
- Pour your chocolate into the molds, it will make 2 bars.
- Now you can add more goodies, some salt, whatever you wish.
- Then set them in the fridge or the freezer to harden. Make sure they’re on a flat surface.
- You can use 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve, 20 drops stevia, or 1/4 cup honey. I used the monk sweetener and was really happy with the flavor, it also used VERY LITTLE.
- If you are making this chocolate for baking (like in cookies) use 100% cacao butter and skip the coconut oil. This method will temper the chocolate but because of the coconut oil it will melt quickly. For a room temperature stable chocolate use only cacao butter (1 cup grated)