Easy and healthy homemade chocolate
- 1/2 cup grated cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (optional, you may use 1 cup cacao butter)
- 1/2 packed cup cacao powder
- Sweetener (I used 1/8 tsp monk fruit, see notes for more options)
- Flake Salt
- Coffee Grinds
- Cacao Nibs
- Shredded Coconut
- Vanilla Bean Scrapping
- Heat a glass bowl over a small sauce pot. Add in the cacao butter (and coconut oil), melt until it looks like ghee. Liquid, golden and translucent.
- Add in the cacao powder and mix until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and keep whisking until the chocoalte mix begins to cool and looks very glassy.
- Add in the sweetener of choice and keep stirring. If you are adding in the vanilla add it in now.
- Pour your chocolate into the molds, it will make 2 bars.
- Now you can add more goodies, some salt, whatever you wish.
- Then set them in the fridge or the freezer to harden. Make sure they’re on a flat surface.
- You can use 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve, 20 drops stevia. I used the monk sweetener and was really happy with the flavor, it also used VERY LITTLE.
- If you are making this chocolate for baking (like in cookies) use 100% cacao butter and skip the coconut oil. This method will temper the chocolate but because of the coconut oil, it will melt quickly. For a room temperature stable chocolate use only cacao butter (1 cup grated)