Delicious, easy, sweet and tangy tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or plum sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger ground
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 2–4 tablespoons ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the tofu and wrap in kitchen towel to dry out. Let them sit there for a few minutes while you make the marinade.
- In a small bowl mix together, the marinade ingredients. Give the tofu a gentle squeeze then unwrap and put in the bowl with the marinade, turning over the pieces to coat well in sauce.
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil. Put the tofu pieces in the skillet, reserving any leftover marinade in the bowl.
- Fry for 5 minutes. Drizzle the remaining ghee or olive oil in the skillet and flip the pieces over and fry for another 4-5 minutes, adding the leftover marinade over the tofu in the last 2 minutes. Serve hot!
- Goes great over my Grain Free Sushi Rice or with Plantain Flatbread.
net carbs per serving: 14.4g | To make this lower carb use gluten-free tamari with a few drops of stevia instead of the coconut aminos.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 15.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 14.9g
Keywords: tofu recipe, easy tofu recipe, 30 minute meal, vegan recipe, the best tofu recipe