Dairy-Free, Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan that’s easy and also AIP friendly!
- 1/2 cup Paleo Mozzarella mix or 8 slices (10 minutes prep)
- 1 cup marinara sauce or Legit Nomato Sauce (20 minutes prep)
For the Chicken
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Herb blend
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cup pork panko (crushed pork rinds)
- 1 large ggs
- 2 tablespoon vinegar or water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Pesto or fresh basil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go. For the Paleo Mozzarella, you want to use the mix while it’s soft or spread it out on a sheet pan so that you can make slices of it, instead of making blocks as the recipe is written.
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Heat a large skillet (15″) over medium heat. Add in the olive oil and ghee, you want about 1/2 in the depth of oil for the pan fry.
- Pat your chicken cutlets dry, then season with salt and garlic powder.
- Mix the coconut flour, Italian Herb and almond flour on a plate. Mix the egg and water or vinegar in a shallow bowl and put the pork panko on a third plate or bowl.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the coconut flour mix, them in the egg mix and lastly in the pork panko, set on a cutting board or plate. Repeat with all of the chicken.
- Carefully add the chicken cutlets to the hot oil in the skillet. Fry for 4 minutes per side, flipping once with tongs. Then transfer to a sheet pan.
- Smear 2 tablespoons of marinara or nomato sauce on each chicken cutlet. Then layer on 2 slices or 2 tablespoons of Paleo Cheese on top. Put them in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with nutritional yeast or fresh basil and serve hot! This dish is perfect over a bed of arugula or with paleo noodles.
- To make this AIP use my Nomato Sauce, the AIP version of the Paleo Mozzarella, and use coconut cream instead of an egg.
- See blog post for recipe details, tips, and more.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: Paleo Chicken Parmesan