A creamy and dreamy paleo cheese with AIP (nut free options too)!
- 4 ounces raw cashews or 1 cup cauliflower for AIP
- 4 ounces diced parsnips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- ¼ cup pastured gelatin
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Combine the cashews and parsnips in a small sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and bring the water to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the parsnips are tender then drain the water.
- Combine the cashews, parsnips, fish sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, and powdered beef gelatin in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until a thick cream forms. Then slowly pour in the hot water until it is fully incorporated. Taste the mix, add the salt if needed.
- Distribute the mix into 12 ice cube molds in a silicone tray or into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Set in the fridge to firm up. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Snack on as is, melt into noodles or on your favorite pizza crust (check out the “Cheesy” Mushroom Meatzas on page 230 of Made Whole Made Simple).
- Serving Size: 1 block
- Calories: 112.3
- Fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: AIP cheese, paleo cheese, paleo mozzarella, nut-free cheese