Crunch, savory, and cool flavors all together- the best “nacho” type food you will ever eat!
- 4 slices sugar-free bacon
- 1 teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1/2 pound pastured skirt steak or flap meat
- 1 small delicata squash (about 6 inches long)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- More cilantro
- Pickled red onions
- Kiwi Salsa
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet while it heats. Cook about 5-7 minutes per side until very crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Score your steak on one side in shallow cuts creating a grid-like pattern.
- Sprinkle all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- Cook on the hot skillet, in the bacon grease for 4 minutes a side. Do no move once you put it down, you want it to get a nice char.
- While the steak and bacon cook, slice your squash into 1/4 inch thick slices. Run the knife around the inside of the rings to seed.
- Toss with salt then arrange flat on the air fryer basket or sheet pan.
- Spray liberally with coconut oil spray and air fry or convection roast at 400F until browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Turn over or toss and give them another 2 minutes if needed.
- While the squash cooks combine the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, 1/2 a teaspoon salt in a bowl and mash together.
- Then the squash is done, layer it all over a large plate. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- When the steak is done remove it from the skillet to rest then slice it up and chop the bacon. Layer it over the squash and finish with a dollop of guacamole.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: Delicata Squash Steak Nachos