A super easy and delicous Caribbean Inspired Turkey and Garbanzo soup!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery leaf stalk, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black peppeer
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 ripe plantain, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or Beet NoMato
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans (with fluid)
- Heat your pressure cooker on saute mode. Drizzle oil into the pot. Once its hot add in the onion, celery, garlic and bay leaves. Saute until tender.
- Add in the turkey and break up with a spatula, mixing frequently until browned and crumbled.
- Mix in the salt and seasonings then add in the plantain and sweet potato.
- Mix well and add in the tomato sauce, then the bone broth and garbanzos.
- Stir well. Cancel the saute function. Close the lid and set to cook on medium pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once it’s done, release the pressure. Stir well. Serve with lime and minced cilantro.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 31.5g
Keywords: Turkey and Garbanzo Soup