Refreshing and light, these paleo spring rolls are a great recipe that can fit any dietary need!
Spring Roll Filling
- 15 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 tapioca spring roll sheets
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup almond butter, sunflower seed butter (toasted coconut butter for AIP)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger, or ginger paste
- pinch of salt
Make the “peanut sauce”
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Taste add more salt, ginger or aminos to taste.
Cook the Shrimp
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Over the top place a colander with the shrimp. Cover with a lid.
- Steam the shrimp for 5 minutes or until opaque and cooked through.
- Place in the fridge to cool off quickly.
Assemble the spring rolls
- Wet a sheet of tapioca paper in warm water for 10 seconds. Place it on a tea towel and flip over once carefully without folding it.
- In the center place 2-3 shrimp then 2 basil leaves, then some lettuce, carrots, cabbage and lastly green onion.
- Pull the bottom half of the wrap over the filling then fold in the sides. Then keep rolling up/ forward. See the step my step images for a visual.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Serve chilled and with sauce to dip!
- For AIP use Toasted Coconut Butter in the sauce
- For Keto use Seaweed Sheets to roll!
- Macros listed are with tapioca sheets
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: paleo spring roll, keto spring roll, whole30, AIP spring roll