A decadent grain free and dairy free carrot cake!
- 2 cups almond flour, blanched
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour (or tapioca or cassava)
- 1 teaspoon grain free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or preferred sweetener)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- greased loaf pan
- 1 cup Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prep the frosting ahead of time, because you will need to soak the cashews.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Whisk until no clumps are present.
- Make a large well in the center of the bowl and add in the coconut palm sugar, eggs, melted ghee and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously until frothy.
- Use a spatula and fold the flour mix into the wet mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the carrots, pineapple and walnuts and fold in.
- Lightly grease your loaf pan, and pour all of the batter in. Use the spatula to smooth the top. Gently tap the loaf pan on the counter.
- Bake in the center rack for 55-60 minutes or until its golden brown on the outside and feels firm to the touch, no jiggling.
- Let it cool for 40 minutes before un-molding. Then let it cool to room temp before icing with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To make it added sugar free use your preferred sugar free granulated sweetener.
- Macros are listed with frosting added.
- Prep time does not include time for soaking cashews or letting cake cool.
- Cake makes 10 slices
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 27.3g
- Carbohydrates: 15.9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 8.6g
Keywords: Paleo Carrot Cake