Creamy dreamy and allergen-free mayonnaise that’s paleo, Whole30, Vegan, and AIP!
- 1 1/2 cups whole, peeled garlic cloves
- enough olive oil to submerge them in a small pot or ramekin
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
For the Egg Free Mayo
- 1 cup of confit (drained)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil (from confit)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- To make the confit, preheat the oven to 250F. Combine the garlic, salt, and herbs in a small oven-safe pot or ramekin. Pour olive oil over the garlic cloves until they are fully submerged in oil. Roast on the middle rack for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool. Drain the olive oil into a jar (you can store this at room temp). Cover the garlic and store it in the fridge until ready to use.
- When you’re ready to make the egg-free mayo, combine the drained garlic cloves, 1 cup, in a blender with 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (from the garlic), 1/4 cup milk of choice, and balsamic vinegar.
- Blend until creamy, thick, and smooth. Add the remaining milk as needed, for desired consistency.
- Store the paleo egg-free mayo in the fridge in an air-tight container. Lasts about a week.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 79
- Sodium: 3.8mg
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: allergen-friendly mayonnaise, homemade mayo, Paleo mayonnaise