A rich and decadent casserole with spiced beef, cauliflower rice and a creamy sauce! The top crust is made of toasted pecans and bacon! Yum!
- 2lbs 92% lean grass-fed ground beef ( I use Butcher Box)
- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 24oz riced cauliflower, thawed and strained (I used Whole Foods Market Brand)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cashew creamer (recipe link above)
- 6 slices Pederson’s Farm Whole30 Compliant Bacon
- 1 cup whole pecans
- In a large pot or deep skillet (at least 12″) heat 2 tbsp of fat on high heat (I used coconut oil).
- Add in the ground beef, stir, breaking up with spatula until crumbly.
- Add in the onion, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Saute for 8 minutes, add in the baby spinach and stir well.
- Cook, stirring often until the spinach is wilted & liquid is evaporated.
- Add in the cauliflower rice. Stir well.
- Add in the thyme leaves from your sprigs and the rest of the seasonings.
- Stir often, still on high heat until well combined.
- Make sure any fluid the cauliflower released is evaporated.
- Mix in the cashew milk. Stir a few times and take it off the heat.
- If you are using store-bought nut-milk or canned coconut milk you will need to cook it down until it’s creamy. My homemade cashew cream thickens when it cooks so it’s perfect for this. I really suggest you make it.
- Get your casserole dish out. Add the whole mix to your casserole dish, spread out and flatten with a wooden spoon.
- Chop up the bacon and distribute it evenly over the top.
- Rough chop the pecans and do the same.
- Pop it in the oven, then set it to 400F. Bake until the oven reaches temperature, and then another 10-15 minutes. When the bacon is crispy and the pecans are toasted, it’s ready!
- Serve hot! This baby is a whole meal in one… but some greens would look lovely next to it!
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 12
Keywords: creamy beef and rice casserole