A simple yet decadent soup that’s perfect for weeknight dinner!
- 1 large onions, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cream cheese (see post for details)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or any vinegar)
- 24 ounces bone broth
- 1 teaspoon Sazón (optional to garnish)
- 1 greens onion, sliced (optional to garnish)
- Heat up a 5-quart pot and dice up all your veggies if you haven’t already.
- Drizzle the oil into the pot and add in your onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent, stirring often.
- Add in the salt and garlic, parsley, and pepper. Stir well.
- Crumble in the ground beef and keep mixing and crumbling until it’s browned. Mix in the cream cheese until it’s fully incorporated.
- Add in the cabbage and cover for 4-5 minutes until it’s nice and tender. Open the lid and mix it in with the ground beef. Deglaze the bottom of the pot by adding in the vinegar and scraping up anything that’s stuck to the bottom with your spatula.
- Pour in the bone broth and mix well. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. Then lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots and cabbage and very tender.
- Garnish with green onion and a sprinkle of sazón for color if you like!
- read the post above for cream cheese substitutions 🙂
- For LOW HISTAMINE use, homemade pressure cooked bone broth or veggie stock! Use the Kite Hill Cream Cheese (almonds not cashews) or make the cauliflower cream. Omit the vinegar.
- For AIP omit the black pepper and use my cauliflower cream in my Dairy-Free Cream 3 Ways Post!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 380.5
- Sodium: 297.4mg
- Fat: 24.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 30.9g
Keywords: creamy beef and cabbage soup