Dairy and nut free delicious muffins!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil, ghee or tallow
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons yacon syrup or 1/3 cup honest syrup
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, eggs, syrup, vanilla and milk until well combined and creamy.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and beat until a dough forms.
- Add in the blueberries and lemon zest and use a spatula to fold in.
- Use a ¼ cup scoop per muffin. Bake in the center rack for 25- 30 minutes or until the muffins have risen, round and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also use Zero Syrup which is vegetable glycerin (a sugar alcohol) and monk fruit or Honest Syrup made of vegetable fiber and monk fruit. While the latter is free of sugar alcohols which is ideal for some, it is high very high in total carbs (fiber). Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup in this recipe instead of Yacon Syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 176.2
- Fat: 12.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 5.2g
Keywords: coconut flour blueberry muffins