A lactose-free, gluten free, oh-so-decadent primal cheesecake!
- 2 boxes Simple Mills Toasted Pecan Crunchy Cookies (11oz total)
- 1/2 cup melted Kerry Gold Butter, unsalted
- 16 oz Green Valley Organic Lactose-Free Cream Cheese
- 12 oz Green Valley Organic Lactose-Free Sour Cream
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tsp Wild Foods Vanilla Powder (or vanilla bean scrapings)
- ¾ cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
You Will Need
- 9” Spring Form Pan
- Food processor
- Aluminum Foil
- Handheld or stand mixer
- Set out all your ingredients so they come to room temperature. About 2 hours, then pre-heat your oven to 350F. In the bowl of your food processor, grind up the cookies until they are all crumbs. Add in the butter and pulse until you have a wet sand consistency.
- Dump that sandy mix into your springform pan and press it down until you have a flat, even layer, about 1/4 inch thick and all the way to the edges. Wrap the bottom of your springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Next, add the cream cheese to the bowl of your mixer, beat on low with the paddle attachment until smooth. Add in the sour cream, lemon rind, and vanilla. Continue mixing on low until well combined.
- Add in the maple syrup. Then add in one egg at a time, wait until the egg is incorporated to add in the next one. Once the last egg is mixed in stop the mixer. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of the filling and fold it all together. Then use the same spatula to pour it all into the springform pan.
- Place the cheesecake in your pre-heated oven, middle rack. Bake for 1 hour. At the one hour mark, the edges will be golden and elevated. The middle will still be wet, almost pool like. It’s ok. Remove it from the oven, place on a cooling rack and tent some foil over it for 1-2 hours. Then remove the tent and set it under a fan to cool to room temp. By now the surface of the cheesecake should be smooth and even.
- Set it in the fridge to set overnight. When ready to serve and/or decorate, run a spatula or knife around the edges of the cake before releasing the springform ring from the pan. If the sides get a little crumbly during this process, run a cake spatula under some warm water then gently run it along the sides of the cheesecake to smooth them out. (Neat trick, huh?)
- If you are going to add the strawberries and chocolate this is how: Slice the strawberries and toss with coconut palm sugar until they look glazed. Arrange in a circular pattern, start on the outside and work your way in. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl or cup on medium heat for 30-60 seconds. Add in the coconut oil and stir until it’s smooth and glassy.
- Use a spoon to drizzle all over! Quickly set in the fridge for the chocolate to harden, 10 minutes will do it.
- Serve, share, enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free cheesecake