Waffle your veggies and the whole family will love it!
For Cauliflower Waffles
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower florets (1 bag frozen, about 1.5–2 cups grated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop fermented kale powder (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon minced green onion or dried chives
For Sweet Potato Waffles
- 2 cups shredded garnet sweet potato
- The rest is the same as above!
- When making the cauliflower waffles, first place your riced cauliflower in a bowl, sprinkle with water, cover, and microwave for 4 minutes. Let it cool and then transfer it to a nut milk bag or a kitchen towel and squeeze all the water out of it.
- Place the riced cauliflower paste that remains in a large bowl. If using sweet potato, skip this step and add it directly to the bowl.
- Add in the seasoning and kale powder. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs and whisk them into the veggie mix.
- Lastly, fold in the coconut flour until the mix becomes thick.
- Heat your waffle iron until ready. Brush with coconut oil.
- Place 1/4 cup scoop of veggie waffle mix into each section of the iron. Press down until the light turns green, then use a fork or spatula to gently lift it off. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Macros are for the cauliflower waffles without kale powder
- See notes step by step and for tips and tricks!
- Serving Size: 3 waffles
- Calories: 65.1
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 5.2g
Keywords: vegetable waffles