DELISH Dairy-Free and Egg Free Custard
- 1 pound diced butternut squash
- 7.5 ounces whole raw cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak your cashews overnight or just steam them with the butternut squash.
- In a sauce pot cover the butternut squash with water and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, if you forgot to soak your cashews, just boil with the squash.
- Once ready, drain the water. Quickly transfer to a blender.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, about a minute.
- Distribute the thick, smooth custard to ramekins or bowls. Makes 4 cups.
- Use pre-diced butternut squash, it makes it much easier.
- Use raw cashews.
- A high powered blender or food processor works best.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 23.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Protein: 10.7g
Keywords: vegan butternut custard