Vampire Slayer Garlic Lover Mash!
- 5–6 medium sized Okinawa sweet potatoes
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herbs (or other garlic seasoning blend)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp Tin Star Foods Brown Butter Ghee (or butter, or bacon fat)
- 1/2 cup cashew creamer (see paleo cream sauce variation post for recipe)
- You may also use coconut milk fat
- *optional 1 egg yolk
- Peel your potatoes and garlic.
- Dice your potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces, it should be about 4 cups of diced potatoes.
- Place your potatoes in a large pot, fill the pot with water until potatoes are submerged.
- Set to cook on high, bring to a boil (if you cover the pot the water will boil faster, remove cover once the water begins to boil)
- Kitchen hack: place a wooden spoon across the top of your pot to keep the water from boiling over.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Carefully drain the potatoes.
- Mince garlic & rosemary leaves.
- Heat ghee in a small skillet with the garlic.
- Cook, stirring often until golden.
- Place potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Pour in hot ghee and garlic- rosemary mix.
- With the whisk attachment cream the potatoes on high.
- Slowly add in the milk, the seasoning and lastly (if you’re using it) the egg yolk.
- Continue to mix until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Stop periodically and use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so it mixes evenly.
- For extra purdy serving using a piping bag. Garnish with extra seasoning or herbs and a little ghee.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: garlic sweet potato mash