Cook the perfect steak and serve it over this seasonal salad!
- Fine salt
- 2 6oz ribeye steaks
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 4 slices delicate squash, seeded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard (for AIP use horseradish)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (for AIP sub coconut cream)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat while you prepare the steaks.
- Salt the steaks liberally all over. About 1 teaspoon between both steaks.
- Insert rosemary into one of your steaks, in the thickest part.
- Place the steaks on the hot cast iron.
- Check the MEATER App for cooking time, flipping halfway through, or when halfway to desired done temperature, 135F for medium rare. Use tongs to flip the steaks.
- Once you have flipped them put a rosemary sprig on each steak until it is done cooking.
- Remove the steak from heat and let it rest. Leave the skillet on the heat.
- Add the squash rings to the hot skillet and cook 3 minutes a side until browned and the squash is tender.
- Cut the steaks into ¼ inch slices.
- On two large plates distribute the arugula salad.
- Add the steak and the rings.
- Sprinkle with salt and add the green onion.
- Stir all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over everything.
Keywords: perfect steak salad