- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, vidalia or sweet
- 1 bosc pear, ripe (you may also use an apple or omit for keto)
- 1 tbsp fresh minced turmeric root
- 2 tsp smoked salt, I used smoked Maldon Salt
- 2 tbsp non-hydrogenated organic palm oil shortening (or preferred fat)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flour (tapioca starch, coconut flour or cassava)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 2–3 sprigs mint
- 1/2 cup or more of fresh blueberries
- Set your electronic pressure cooker to ‘saute” mode.
- Add in palm oil shortening.
- Peel and slice your onion.
- Peel and mince an inch or so long chunk of turmeric root.
- Peel and dice your pear.
- Add in the onion and turmeric to the pot and stir occasionally while they brown for a few minutes.
- Add in the flour and mix well.
- Sprinkle the salt all over the chicken thighs and add it in to the pressure cooker next.
- Stir well, then add in the garlic, lemon, pear and coconut aminos. Add in the cinnamon stick. Stir.
- Set the pressure cooker to it’s “pressure cooking” mode, then set it to poultry.
- This should be 10.0-12.0 PSI for 20 minutes.
- When it’s done, and the pressure has been released, open the lid.
- There will be quite a bit of liquid, drizzle in the coconut aminos.
- Set the pressure cooker to “reduce” mode.
- Let it reduce for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When done, serve, mix in blueberries and garnish with mint.
- If you’re up for it… top with pie crust or biscuits and bake to comfort food perfections…Or serve as it, over cauli-rice or over baked sweet potato!
- Serving Size: 4