Grain free Sushi rice!
- 1 large head cauliflower, riced or 4–5 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or other fat
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 heaping teaspoons Great Lakes Beef Gelatin, red can
- First, rice your cauliflower. I like to use the grater attachment of my food processor, but you can also use a cheese grater.
- In a large pot heat oil on high heat. Add in the riced cauliflower and saute for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the salt, apple cider vinegar and sprinkle in the gelatin. Stir well.
- Add in the milk and stir it continuously as it comes to a boil. Continue to stir until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- As you stir, if the liquid still pools at the bottom, keep cooking. It’s done when you can see the bottom of the pan when you make a hole in the rice with a spoon.
- Flatten the rice to the bottom of the pot and set it to cool under a fan for a few minutes, then transfer to the fridge until completely cooled and sticky.
- Yes, you can use frozen cauliflower rice.
- No, you can’t skip the gelatin.
- You can use cashew milk, preferably homemade instead of coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: sticky cauliflower rice