Dairy Free Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, roasted (I halve and roast at 400F for 35 minutes)
- shirataki noodles, or zoodles for lower carb
- 4 slices sugar free, nightshade free bacon
- 4 cups raw spinach
- 2 cup sliced, cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 head cauliflower, about 3 cups diced
- 2 small onions, 1 cup diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoons Red Boat No.49 fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon red win vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- If you haven’t done so already, roast your spaghetti squash, halve, place meat side down on a sheet pan and roast until hard shell can be pierced by a fork. About 35 minutes at 400F.
- Next prepare Alfredo sauce: dice cauliflower, onion, garlic. Heat olive oil in a large pot, add in garlic, & onion. Saute on high for 6 minutes, stirring often until tender.
- Then add in cauliflower, stir well. Add in salt, oregano, broth & coconut milk.
- Stir well. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Let it cook simmering until the cauliflower is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer all of it to a blender, carefully!
- Add in the fish sauce and vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- Taste, adjust salt as needed.
- *** you can also prepare cauliflower in a pressure cooker, start with saute mode, then close and set to vegetable (about 7.5 psi for 8 minutes). ***
- It will make about 4 cups!
To prepare the dish: cook the bacon first. I like to do it in the oven.
- Lay bacon flat on a cooling rack over sheet pan, and put the pan in a cold oven, then set oven to 350F After it reaches 350F check on bacon, set timer to 8 minutes, check again, cook until crispy.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Slice garlic cloves & mushrooms.
- Once skillet is hot add in mushrooms & garlic.
- Saute in the skillet on high until tender. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Add in spinach.
- Stir and saute until wilted.
- Add in 1 cup of Alfredo sauce.
- Stir well & remove from heat.
- Using a fork, pull out all the meat of one half the spaghetti squash.
- Add it to the skillet.
- Chop up crispy bacon & add it to the skillet as well.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Mix it all up and serve 2 moderate portions, or serve in a generous bowl & chow down!
- Make the cauliflower Alfredo & spaghetti squash ahead for a super quick weekday meal!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: dairy free alfredo