The perfect healthy dupe for Snickers Bars and they’re 4 ingredients!
- 16 medjool dates
- 16 pecan halves (or nut/ seed of choice)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 5–6 ounces 75-85% chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp flake salt
- Remove the pits from your dates. Open slightly and stuff with a pecan half. Repeat with all dates.
- Spoon in 1/2 teaspoon – 1 teaspoon of peanut butter. Repeat with all dates and place on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Put the dates in the freezer for about 5 minutes. During this time, melt your chocolate.
- Chop up your chocolate bars into fairly small pieces. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, once it’s smooth, don’t heat again. No more than 90 seconds.
- Use tweezers or tongs to drop your stuffed dates in the chocolate to evenly coat, and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Repeat with all of the dates.
- Use a fork or spoon to drizzle the remaining chocolate over the dates and sprinkle with flake salt to finish. Set in the fridge to harden.
- Once firm you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge and just reach in a grab one for a quick treat or snack!
- Don’t skip the part about freezing the stuffed dates, even if just for 5 minutes, while you melt the chocolate.
- You don’t have to close the stuffed date, as you can see in the images, once you have the pecan and peanut butter in there, they will be overflowing with goodness, but once the chocolate is covering it, and they are firm and chilled, it works!
- Do not go crazy with stuffing your Snickers dates, 1/2-1 teaspoon of peanut butter is plenty.
- To make these nut-free: stuff with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds and use Sun Butter.
- If you’re paleo and don’t eat peanut butter, use almond butter or Sun Butter.
- Serving Size: 1 Date
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Snickers Stuffed Dates