Sweet, sticky, and delicious. This Hawaiian-inspired recipe is a must for pineapple lovers.
- 10 drumsticks, approx. 2 pounds
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried. basil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for the sheet pan
- Place your drumsticks in a large bowl and toss with salt and black pepper (omit for AIP).
- In a food processor pulse the remaining ingredients together until pureed.
- Pour all of the sauce over the chicken and toss with tongs.
- Cover and set in the fridge to marinate for at least 20 minutes to overnight.
- When ready to cook, set out and preheat the oven to 375F convection.
- Light oil a sheet pan and arrange the drumsticks on it. Spoon the remaining sauce over them.
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes, turning the drumsticks over halfway through cooking.
- When they’re golden brown, with toasty bits and sticky looking, they’re ready!
- Omit black pepper for AIP
- You can use chicken thighs too, I recommend boneless skinless.
- Cook 375Fconvection roast or 400F bake.
- Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 35g
Keywords: Paleo Huli Huli Chicken