- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- A bit of stevia
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- In a small sauce pot combine the blueberries and the water.
- Heat over medium heat for 10 minutes bringing to a simmer. Use a whisk to mix and mash the berries until they have released enough liquid to make it look soupy. Simmer this for 10 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency, stir occasionally.
- You can stir in any or all of the optional ingredients about 5 minutes in. The gelatin will make it thicker once it cools. The vanilla and orange give it a wonderful aromatic flavor and the stevia can up the sweetness if your berries aren’t sweet enough.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a month.
net carbs per 2 tablespoons: 2.9g
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 14
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: paleo blueberry compote, sugar free blueberry sauce, low carb blueberry compote, easy blueberry sauce recipe, 2 ingredient blueberry compote, sugar-free blueberry compote, easy blueberry compote