An easy and flexible one pot chicken and rice!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves pickled garlic or fresh, sliced
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (or veg of choice)
- 5–6 ounces fully cooked shredded chicken (or drained canned chicken)
- 2 cups fully cooked rice of choice (see post)
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder (or your favorite salt free spice blend)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When its hot, put the oil in.
- Add in the sliced garlic and sliced mushrooms, saute for 5-6 minutes until tender and browned.
- Mix in the chicken and rice, salt and curry powder. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice crisps up a bit and the chicken is heated through.
- Delgaze the skillet with cooking wine or vinegar, mixing well and scraping up the toasty bits.
- Mix in the herbs, taste the mix and add more salt to taste. Serve and garnish with green onions.
- The macros are made using Better Than Rice.
- Using cooked white rice the macros are:Cal 24.5g, Fat 24.5g, Carbs 50.6g, Fiber 3.2g, Protein 27.8g
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 24.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1g
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: one pot chicken and rice