Chicken Nuggets made healthy! Forget the drive thru, there’s food at home.
- 4 pastured skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 springs fresh dill (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour or tiger nut flour
- 1 tbsp Italian Herb blend, dried (herbs only! check labels)
- 1/4 cup beef tallow, or other cooking fat
- 1/4 cup fatty party of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 inch chunk of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- In a large food processor, pulse chicken thighs, herbs, garlic & salt until it makes a paste.
- Heat cooking fat in a skillet on medium-high in the meantime, mix flours & herb blend on a flat surface.
- Scoop out a spoonful of chicken paste at a time- shape it in to nugget shape and lightly bread in flour mix.
- Gently toss between hands to shake off extra flour. Set aside on dry surface. You should have 5-7 nuggets. When cooking fat is hot, carefully arrange nuggets in skillet.
- Use a tong to handle them. After 4 minutes, when the bottom is golden brown, turn over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. When golden all over, set on a cooling rack over a plate to cool down.
- In the meantime, make the sauce!
- Now tomato-less ketchup or honey mustard (if you can eat it) would be awesome too… but this sauce was on point and AIP!
- Mix up all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork. Dip. Eat. Enjoy.
- The nutrition information calculated below is without the dipping sauce, just for the nuggets.
- Serving Size: 3 nuggets
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 39.8g
Keywords: AIP chicken nuggets