Curry Fish Burgers!
- 2 pounds de-boned, skinless mahi mahi filets
- 2 large egg whites (tip: use the yolks for mayo)
- ¼ cup garlic confit, with oil (recipe link in notes)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons flax meal or fine ground almond meal
- ½ cup torn cilantro leaves
- avocado oil for frying
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. While it comes to temperature prepare the mini burgers.
- Cut your mahi in to 1 inch cubes and add it to the large Vitamix container. Add in the egg whites and blend on medium power for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add in the garlic confit and blend on low, bringing the power up to high until a fish paste has formed.
- Use the blender spatula to scrape all of the fish paste into a large bowl. Add in the seasonings, flax meal and cilantro leaves.
- Mix until a dough has formed. Then shape 14-16 mini patties.
- Add the avocado oil to the hot skillet so it is about ¼ inch in depth. Fry 4-5 patties at a time to not crowd the skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes, or until golden brown, flip and cook another 3 minutes. Use a spatula to remove the mini burgers from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with the remaining mini mahi burgers in batches until they are all cooked. Let them cool to room temperature then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To re-heat pop them in the toaster oven for 5 minutes at 300F.
- Garlic Confit: https://instagram.com/p/BYrpVf9HOGw/
- You may use fresh garlic browned in avocado oil
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: Whole30 fish burger