A super nutrient dense option for cooking fat. Perfect for those with dairy allergies.
- 4 pounds marrow bones, cut in half long way
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup bacon fat or lard
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Line your bones up on a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and drizzle with oil.
- Arrange the rosemary and garlic over the bones. Roast for 20 minutes until the marrow, is softened.
- Remove the bones from the oven, let them cool so you may handle them.
- Use a spoon to scoop you the marrow into the bowl of your blender.
- Add the rosemary and garlic too.
- Blend on medium speed while you add in the bacon fat or lard.
- Blend until smooth. Use a spatula to transfer the smooth marrow mix to silicone trays, ice cube tray or tupper ware and set in the fridge to harden.
- I like the cubes because I can pop one out when needed. Use it like you would herbed butter for cooking!