A great low carb option for sweet potato casserole!
- 1 large head cauliflower (4 cups diced)
- 1 large sweet potato (1 cup small diced)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup bone broth
Mix To Mash
- 1/3 cup primal kitchen mayo
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garam masala (see notes)
- ¼ nutmeg
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Steam/ simmer the cauliflower and sweet potato with the garlic cloves in a pot with a tight fitting lid until they are fork tender. Or you can throw everything in the pressure cooker and set to low for8 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Add all of the cauliflower, sweet potato, garlic and broth to the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl and use a hand mixer). Add in the pumpkin and mix with the paddle attachment on medium low speed.
- While it mixes add in the mayo, then the eggs one at a time. Add in the seasoning. Mix until thick and well combined. Taste it! Add more salt or spice as you see fit.
- Use a spatula to scrape all of the mash into a lightly greased casserole dish. Smooth out the top with a spatula and bake for 25 minutes.
- In the time, cut the bacon slices into 1 inch pieces. Toss in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons coconut aminos. When the 25 minutes are up, open the oven and carefully distribute the bacon over the top of the sweet potato. Try to lay the pieces flat and so they don’t overlap.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of coconut aminos all over the stop. Close the oven, set to 400F. Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest a few minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs if you like. Serve with a large spoon or spatula.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 115g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 5.3g
Keywords: low carb sweet potato casserole