A delicious pot of hot, fulling and textured chili without beef, beans or nightshades!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a large onion, diced
- 3 celery leaf stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 1/2 teapoons fine salt
- 4 ounces of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 pound of sliced white cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon 5 spice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (hemp hearts for nut free)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 cups bone broth (or vegetable broth for vegan)
- Optional: diced avocado
- Heat a 6-quart pot, or dutch oven on the stove, on medium heat.
- When it comes to temperature pour the olive oil in.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic and bay leaves. Add the thyme leaves and salt. Saute until tender. Add in the mushrooms and stir frequently until they begin to soften. Add in the seasonings and the walnuts.
- Once the mushrooms are soft, mix in the pumpkin puree, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, fish sauce, and nutritional yeast. Stir well, then pour in the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir well, reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook here for 40 minutes.
- Open the lid, stir well and remove from the heat. Use a ladle to serve and top with avocado if desired.
See recipe post for substitutions, slow cooker and pressure cooker versions.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 380.2
- Fat: 28.3
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 18.4g
Keywords: low carb meatless chili