This quick and easy pecan brittle is sugar-free and paleo-friendly! Read the notes for dairy-free modifications. 1 gram net carbs per serving.
- 2 cups raw pecan halves (or 1 cup pecans, 1 cup walnuts)
- 1/4 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice (I use liquid allulose, see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- more salt to taste
- Tray lined with parchment paper
- Heat a 10″ skillet over medium heat. Put the raw nuts in the skillet and the dry seasonings. Stir and heat until the pecans are warm and aromatic.
- Add in the butter, cut in chunks, and stir in until melted. Use a spatula to combine everything so the pecans are all coated in butter.
- Add in the sweetener and mix in. Cook, stirring frequently until the caramel begins to bubble. The butter and sweetener will create a foamy, golden bubble, about 6- 8 minutes. If using a granular vs a liquid sweetener this step might take a little longer. Watch out for the golden bubble.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and bring the heat up to medium-high, stirring often until you see toasty bits on the pecans and the caramel sauce is a deep golden brown and getting sticky.
- Quickly transfer the mix, while hot to the parchment paper and spread it out a bit to create aprx a 6×6 inch mass. Keeping the nuts bunched up and close to they stick together as it cools.
- Pop it in the freezer to harden, make sure it’s on a flat surface. After about 20-30 minutes it should be hard enough to break up into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- to make it dairy-free use coconut oil instead
- if using granulated sweetener you may need to add more butter to add volume to the caramel
- to make it paleo use maple syrup or maple sugar
- you can use liquid or granular sweetener, I use the liquid
- the recipe will work with macadamia nuts, peanuts, or cashews too!
- 1 gram NET carbs per serving (11 grams total – 8 grams allulose – 2.1g fiber = 0.9g net carbs)
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 181
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 11g (8g allulose)
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: keto low carb pecan brittle